Pupil Premium at St Barnabas
What is pupil premium funding?
Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
St Barnabas Pupil Premium Spending
- Improve first quality teaching so that it highly effective and is always good or better
- Purchase targeted educational resources that are focused on raising attainment
- Develop a curriculum that is well rounded and promotes knowledge and skills that will maximise life chances for all children
- Plan and provide exciting opportunities, educational trips and visitors to deepen understanding and broaden experiences
- Design and deliver wave 2 interventions to accelerate progress and close attainment gaps
- Deliver specialised wave 3 interventions to accelerate progress and close attainment gaps
- Provide learning mentor support to improve attendance and engagement
- Support pupils with the development of learning behaviour and specific skills
- Nurture pupils with social and emotional aspects of learning
- Improve parental engagement with school
- Support parents with parenting skills and the management life events
- Provide therapeutic support to identified pupils